What do you mean by “rock your money”?
So glad you asked! Rock Your Money® is a mission, a movement, and a philosophy.
It is the opposite of what you’re used to when it comes to personal finance. It isn’t boring, dry, or lame. It is feminine, lively, high-energy and even (gasp! WHAT?!) fun. It is forever.
The Rock Your Money® mission is to empower all women to be confident and in control of their money. We want you savvy, powerful, comfortable, and feeling 100% authentically YOU when it comes to dealing with your finances. We don’t give you rule of thumb percentages and send you on your way. We help you figure out what you want, and we guide you toward getting it, knowing your money is supporting you, not the one obstacle in your way.
What’s the difference between a financial coach and a financial planner?
A financial planner helps you with investment strategy and future planning. Financial planners and advisers generally make money by recommending things (companies, products, etc) in which you can invest and/or actually investing your money for you. The less money you have to invest, the less useful a financial planner is to you – and, frankly, the less attractive you are to a financial planner. In addition, many financial planners will not even work with you at all if you have debt.
A financial coach, on the other hand, helps you with your money management day to day, in the real world… so you can get to a point where you DO have the money to work with a financial planner! A financial coach will work with you to help you to:
- Figure out where your money is going
- Decide when and how to spend your money so that you have enough for everything you want
- Make sure the way you spend your money reflects your priorities, and doesn’t hold you back from them
- Understand your debt – knowledge is power, baby! – and create a plan to get rid of it that is doable for you AND ensures that you still get to live a kickass life AND hold your hand and/or kick you in the bum to make sure you actually do it
- Understand yourself, the way you are with money, and why… and replace any habits or behaviors that make you feel not-so-fresh with new ones that make you feel awesome
- Be confident and comfortable dealing with all aspects of your finances
- Take control of what happens with your money – no avoiding, shying away, or giving that power away
As an example, most financial planners will ask you for your budget, and if you don’t have one, give you a template and send you on your way. A financial coach will create the budget with you, step by step, and ask you the right questions to determine what numbers are realistic, so you are set up for success.
Financial planners are more big picture. A financial coach is all about the details – who are you, what makes you happy, and how can we make sure you use your money to get as much of THAT as possible!?
Depending on your situation either or both may be right for you.
Can you help me file for bankruptcy?
No. Through the Dominate Your Debt® products and coaching programs, we empower you to help you create and implement a plan to pay off your debt. We do not do bankruptcy work. If you are serious about filing for bankruptcy, you should speak with an attorney or take advantage of free consumer debt counseling resources in your state.
How do I know if I’m ready to work with a financial coach?
First, there’s probably something going on inside of you that you’d rather wasn’t, like…
- You don’t feel in control of your debt.
- You want to be saving more but you’re not sure how.
- You’re pretty sure you spend “too much.”
- Everyone around you seems to have their financial sh*t together and you’re tired of faking it.
- No one around you seems to have their financial sh*t together and you know you deserve better.
Second, there’s probably a life event on the horizon for which the money part isn’t solid, such as…
- You’re getting married or moving in with your sweetie and the thought of having the “money talk” makes you want to cower under six blankets with a pint of Ben&Jerry’s and a spoon.
- You are desperate to quit your job but you’re afraid of what that will look like money-wise.
- You’re graduating from college or grad school and the reality of your student loans is starting to hit you.
- You’ve started a business and suddenly money is flying in and out way too fast and you aren’t really staying on top of it.
- You want to buy a house and want to be sure that what you think is your budget is something you can actually make work.
- You’re having a baby (or you already have children) and realize you’re going to have to not only provide for another person but ALSO be their financial role model.
Third, you know the time to start kicking ass and taking names is NOW because…
- You’re ready to own (and not judge yourself for!) your role in creating your financial situation, whatever it may be
- You’re ready for someone else to see your not-so-pretty parts – and love you anyway!
- You’re ready for things to be different (and recognize how powerful you are!)
- You’re ready to make taking control of your finances a priority.
If reading this feels like the sweet relief of a tall, ice-cold glass of lemonade on a blazing, sticky-hot summer afternoon… then yeah, you are probably ready to work with a financial coach.
Shouldn’t I be able to figure all this financial stuff out on my own?
Maybe. But most people don’t. Because here’s the little secret: people who are “good” with money have, almost universally, learned from someone else – a family member, a significant other, a teacher, a close adult friend. Someone who has really taken the time to get invested in them and teach them things, and someone they can look to as an example and a role model.
Being confident and in control of your money day to day isn’t the stuff of slumber parties, of furiously googling in the wee hours of the night, of posting “asking for a friend” type questions on Facebook, or even of television and media. Money is the foundation of everything and NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT IN A WAY THAT IS USEFUL.
There’s another way. And you’ve found it, right here!
Your financial coach will be your role model, mentor, guide, guru, teacher, mathematician, personal trainer, and cheerleader all in one. She will give you the tools, support, guidance, and loving kick in the pants your momma, school, and mainstream media never gave you, and help you know what you need to feel confident that your money is doing exactly what you want it to.
How much does it cost to work with a financial coach?
Our programs and products range from FREE all the way up, depending on the level of 1:1 support that is included. Private coaching starts at $275 a month. All 1:1 coaching is by application and invitation only; you will be invited into the program that your coach believes would be the best investment for you.
Hold up… Are you telling me I would need to spend money to be better with my money?!?
Yes. Just like any education or personal growth product, working with a financial coach is an investment. The women who have spent money to be better with their money not only end up with WAY more money (because they plug up the places money is leaking out), they are also relaxed, at peace and comfortable with both money itself and with the financial decisions they make. (We’ve had enough happy clients and gotten enough testimonials that we’re pretty damn confident about that!) Sooo… although it may feel like it when you take a deep breath and make your first payment, the results go way, way beyond the money.
You’re just going to tell me that I spend too much money. [laughs nervously]
That’s not a question! But the answer is maybe. When we work together, we’re going to look at the big picture first. We’re going to talk about what you want. And then we’re going to figure out how to make sure the way you spend makes you feel both responsible and excited. If that means spending less for a time, so be it – we’ll figure out the easiest way for you to do that. And you’ll have someone holding your hand and/or kicking you in the ass, as needed, to keep you on track!
I’m SOLD! How can we start rocking?
If you’re looking to take control of your debt, you can get started right away by going here to order Dominate Your Debt: A Work & Play Book and/or enroll in the next Dominate Your Debt® Boot Camp. (If enrollment is not currently open, sign up for the VIP list to be among the first to know when the next live boot camp starts!)
If you’d like to explore rocking your money 1:1 with a coach who will get her fingers all up in your finances go here to answer a few questions and book a 30-minute Financial Confidence Boost with Rebecca. (There is a small fee for this session.) We’ll talk about where you are, where you’d like to be, and the best way for you to get there – with confidence!
Really excited to connect with you!